Admissions & Enrollment
Thank you for your interest in YES Prep and for launching your child's academic journey with us! Our schools are working to prepare for our application launch for the 2023-2024 school year! Beginning Friday, October 14, 2022 through Monday, February 13, 2023 YES Prep will open enrollment for next school year! Want to understand our lottery and enrollment process? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions below. If you'd like to contact someone directly for more information, please click on the Learn More button below.
Say YES to Opportunities!
We believe in creating pathways to opportunity, to empowered communities, to success that isn’t solely defined by test scores but by a student’s ability to recognize their own value. YES Prep is redefining what is possible in public education, providing support to send over 18,000 college-bound students into the world equipped with the tools to build their own pathways to opportunity. We believe that every day is an opportunity to say, “Yes, I can!”
YES Prep Public Schools is proving that different outcomes are possible when Houston communities are given access to high-quality educational opportunities. We are a tuition-free, public charter school system that has no admission requirements, serving grades pre-K - 12 for the 2023-2024 school year. Are you ready to say YES?
The YES Prep student lottery application for the
2023-2024 school year opens on Friday, October 14!
We encourage parents to apply as soon as the lottery window opens
to have the best chance to attend a YES Prep campus.
YES Prep Northbrook Middle School and YES Prep Northbrook High School, our schools in partnership with Spring Branch Independent School District, run a separate lottery. To apply online for YES Prep Northbrook campuses, click here.
Our Application Process
October 14 − February 13
We strongly encourage parents to apply during this timeframe to allow your child to have the best chance to attend YES Prep!
All applications that are submitted after February 13 will be automatically waitlisted in the order they are received.
Applicants are selected at random for admission to YES Prep.
Families receive notice if they have been accepted to or waitlisted for YES Prep.
If accepted, families will begin the registration process.
What's new for the 2023-2024 lottery application?
As we kick off our application launch, here are a few things to note on what's new during our open enrollment season!
New enrollment platform for parents/guardians to submit applications.
In-person school tours will be available.
Want to learn more about the opportunities YES Prep can provide for your family or need help applying?
We would be happy to help you! Please complete our form below and a YES Prep team member will reach out with additional information.
- How does the YES Prep lottery work?
- When does the YES Prep lottery season begin and when does it end?
- When will the YES Prep lottery be run?
- How and when will I find out the YES Prep lottery results?
- Will I receive notification even if my child didn’t get in?
- Does it help my chances if I apply multiple times to the same school?
- Does it cost money to attend YES Prep?
- Does YES Prep provide transportation for students?
- How many YES Prep campuses can I apply for?
- My student already attends YES Prep. Do I have to reapply each year?
- I have a child already attending YES Prep and I want to enroll their sibling. As a parent, do I have to submit an application for the sibling of my current YES Prep student?